- FY2019 Fringe Benefit Rates
- FY2018 Fringe Benefit Rates
- Multi-year Fringe Benefit Rate Increases
- FY2017-FY2019 Indirect Cost Rates – Organized Research
- FY2017-FY2019 Indirect Cost Rates – Instruction/Department Research
- Indirect Cost Rate Note
For Multi-year Budgets, Fringe is Increased Based on the Rate Increases
|Partial (PERA) Benefits||0.17|
- Current ONR Fringe Rate Agreement (PDF)
- A&O Memo on Budget Escalations (PDF)
- History of Fringe Benefit Rates
|FY2016-FY2018 Indirect Cost Rates – Instruction/Department Research|
|On Campus||Off Campus|
Mines’ approved indirect cost rate is negotiated with our cognizant audit agency, the Office of Naval Research.
The Modified Total Direct Cost (MTDC) base is calculated by excluding capital expenditures (buildings, individual items of equipment, alterations and renovations), the portion of each subaward in excess of $25,000, participant support costs, and graduate student tuition, fees, and insurance.
For budget years that cross FY19-FY21, the indirect costs are calculated by the MTDC base being divided by the number of months the budget year has in one fiscal year and the number of months in another. The applicable rate is then applied to each derived base and summed for a total indirect cost amount.